How to set up your stall
Keep in mind that some of the wordings might vary on your event portal.
When your stall is registered for the virtual event on the platform, you can start setting up your stall when logged in to your recruiter account. Your stall is ready in 3 easy steps!
Step 1: Getting started
When accessing the stall for the first time, you can choose if you want to start from scratch or if you want to use content from a previous event.
- Start from scratch means that your stall will be a clean slate and you can upload all the content you want.
- Import content means that you can transfer the content from a previously attended event. You can select the event in the dropdown. You can then edit or add new content after importing.
Step 2: Adding and editing content
Take a look at the below video to see how you add and edit the stall content:
In short, scroll through your stall to add all the content, such as text and images by clicking on the green buttons or pen icons!
- Invite your colleagues to the event team. Without adding them, they cannot access the event area! You can invite new team members by typing in their name, and then you will be asked to add a few details. They will then receive an invitation email. See how to add team members to your stall here.
- Add a photo to your profile. If you add a picture to your profile, you are more likely to get more chats because candidates can see the people sitting on the other side
Post your offers in time. Add relevant offers and put them online well in advance. Candidates are more likely to visit your stall before the event if they see offers attached. See how to post offers here.
- Use the chat topics. Make full advantages of the four chat topics in order to improve participants engagement and to help you organise incoming chats; for instance by structuring who in your team should handle which topic. Learn more about the chat here.
- Structure your stall description. Make it easy for the participants to learn more about you. Inserting FAQ questions can be a possibility.
Step 3: Setting your stall online
- Use the 'Preview stall' button to find out how the candidates will experience your stall. Make sure that everything looks as you want.
- Your stall will be visible to candidates when you have put your stall online. The earlier you set your stall online, the more candidates get exposed to your brand. Exhibitors that set their stall online in time receive more video booking requests!
Please check with your event organiser when they are planning to open up the exhibitor area for the participants. They often do this one week before the event day!
Additional information for hybrid events
In hybrid events, your stall is a great opportunity to present yourself to the event participants - also if you are planning to only be present with a physical stall on the event day. You wonder why?
- The participants can visit the online venue of the event even before and after the event day. If you set up a stall you can profit from extra exposure to your brand.
- With an online stall, you give yourself and the participants the chance to prepare for the event. You can profit from more valuable conversations on the event day as candidates come to the event more prepared. Moreover, you and the participants can plan the event day. Conversations can be pre-scheduled and candidates can add interesting breakout room sessions to their day planner.
- You can use the stall to promote relevant programmes/courses/offers to the candidates of the event. Posted offers get promoted via your stall and the offers section of the event.
- Use the platform to continue the conversations with interesting candidates online. Use your exhibitor's QR-code to redirect candidates to your stall and to connect. How? See below.
Relevant settings for hybrid events
Activate/deactivate the chatYou can decide if you want the online chat function to be available in your stall. For instance, you may only want to share information and visual content via the online stall but prefer for actual chat interactions to take place in person. In that case, you can disable the active chat function in the stall settings tab. This will remove all chat topics from the stall on the candidate side.
Visualise where your representatives areYou can decide which of your faculty representatives will attend the event online only or online and in person, by check-marking the “Also on location” box next to the representative's name under the section team. This will be displayed on the participant side within the stall.
Connect the online with the physical venue via QR codes
You will have access to an individual QR code that leads candidates at the physical venue to your online stall. You can access your QR code via the button at the top left of your stall settings tab.
Candidates visiting your stall in person will then be able to scan the code with their mobile device and access the online stall to see offers and connect with you virtually.
After connecting via the QR code, you can use the chat to communicate with the candidates after the event.
I imported the wrong stall. Can I import the content of another stall?
You can only import stall content the first time you are accessing the stall. In order to import the content of a different stall, you need to get deleted and reregistered to the event so the question pops up again. Please reach out to the organisers from the event or to us via our support chat, so we can help you delete your exhibitor stall from the event.
I uploaded a video to my stall. Why does it not show when I click on ‘preview stall’?
Make sure that you are using a Youtube or Vimeo link and that the video is public. Also, the settings of the video on Youtube/Vimeo needs to allow it to be embedded.
Why can I not upload a cover image/welcome image/logo/picture to my stall?
Please make sure that the pictures fulfil the following criteria:
- Event banner: 1920 x 1080 px. Keep in mind that the image will be cropped and adapted depending on the device/screen size that you have. The visible height is usually 480px.
- Cover image: 1920 x 1080 px or larger. Max 5Mb.
- Welcome image: 480 x 375 px or larger. Max 5Mb.
- Intro image: 985 x 560 pc or larger. Max 5Mb.
- Logo: For a beautiful result; go for a white or transparent background, squared image (no margins), png.-format, no tagline, min 400x400 pixels.
- Image reel: 1920 x 1080 px or larger. Max 5Mb.
- Profile picture: 200x200. Max 6Mb.
- Videos: Public Youtube or Vimeo video link
Make sure to have the highest resolution. We do not have one resolution to recommend as it works on multiple devices.
Why is my cover image weirdly cut?
The cover image will be cropped and adapted depending on the device/screen size that you have. In that way, users can access your stall from various devices.
Is it possible to change the blue filter of the cover image?
No, unfortunately, you can't customize the filter of the cover image as it's part of the generic stall layout.
How do I add new team members to the stall so that they can attend the event?
You can add colleagues in the stall settings under the team section. You just have to click on the edit button (pen icon) and enter the name of the team member. If that colleague does not yet have an account, you will have the chance to enter the colleague’s details and send them an invite via mail. They will then be able to set a password and access your stall.
Be aware that one email address can only be attached to one stall.
I have invited a colleague to the chat team - they show up in the chat team list now, but they have not received the email to set their password. What should I do?
First, your colleague should check their spam folder.
Second, they should reset their password via the “forgot password” link.
If they still can't access your stall, please contact your event organisers.