Creating your event
Creating your event is easy:
1. Log in to the admin side of your portal.
2. Go to the "Events" tab.
3. Click on "Create an event".
4. Fill in the various fields defining your event. Keep in mind if you want to change your name as the Organiser or the logo that is attached, you will need to reach out to us so we can change it in the backend of the system.
5. Move onward to the Participant and Companies steps, adding your preference for the each of these.
6. The confirmation steps gives you a preview of what your event looks like. Moving forward from that step via the Next button, your event is now created! You are then redirected to the dashboard of that event from which you will be managing your event moving forward.
Take a look at the video below in which we will take you through the process:
Keep in mind we recommend you to create demo events on top of your actual event so that you can do some tests and get more familiar with the three different angles of the platform (candidate, exhibitor, and admin). It is also a good idea to use such demo events to onboard your exhibitors.
Your event is now created. It is time to manage your event!Delete
Additional information for hybrid eventsWhen you are setting up a hybrid event, there are some additional things to keep in mind in the first step of the event creation flow:
- Choose the hybrid option and add a physical location name and address for your event to give the candidates an easy way to find the venue. This will automatically attach an interactive map with that location, directly in the event overview. No chance for the participants to get lost on the way!
- For multiple-day events, you have the option to decide which days will be taking place online only. This will make the setup of your event a lot clearer to the candidates.
- Add the location’s map to give the candidates a visual guide of the venue. This would be a chance to add a map of the exhibitor hall itself so candidates can easily find their way around the different stalls. This will need to be an image file such as one with jpeg format.
The hybrid format lets you use all of the different features that would also be available at an online virtual event. However, when choosing the hybrid option for your event, ‘Breakout rooms’, ‘1:1 conversations’ and ‘Presentations’ offer a choice of either hosting them at the physical location of the event or online.
Recruiters are also able to choose whether they will attend online, physically, or both at their stall. This allows the participants to get an overview of who is available where.
How it looks for candidates
Candidates will find the additional information in the event overview. When registering for the event they can specify how they are planning to attend - in person, online from another location, or a bit of both.